As a small to mid-size business owner you have more important things to do than to keep your own books. Heier Weisbrot & Bernstein can keep the books for your company so you can focus on the important job of running your business, keeping your customers satisfied and generating profits.
Accounting & Assurance Services
Our accounting services can help you business by delivering:
- Consistent, timely and accurate financial statements for better decision making, benchmarking progress and lender compliance reporting.
- Affordable, on demand, financial reporting services by a CPA.
Each month or quarter we will:
- Reconcile your bank account
- Generate an income statement
- Generate a balance sheet
- Prepare your cash flow statement
- Prepare your financial statements
Reconciling your business checking account each month allows you to:
- Know how your business is really doing.
- Manage your cash more effectively.
- Identify excess funds available for investment.
- Identify lost checks, lost deposits and unauthorized wire transactions.
- Detect and prevent excess/unjustified bank charges and ensures transactions are posted correctly by your bank.
- Detect and prevent embezzlement of funds from within your company.
An income statement reports on revenue and expenses for a given period of time. It will tell you if your company is profitable or operating at a loss. An income statement allows you to:
- Track revenues and expenses so that you can determine the operating performance of your business.
- Determine what areas of your business is over- or under-budget.
- Identify specific items that are causing unexpected expenditures.
- Track dramatic increases in product returns or cost of goods sold as a percentage of sales.
- Determine your income tax liability.
A balance sheet gives you a snapshot of your business’ financial condition at a specific moment in time. A balance sheet helps you to:
- Quickly determine the financial strength and capabilities of your business.
- Identify and analyze trends in account receivables and payables.
- Understand cash flow and its effect on what you can or cannot do.
- Determine if you need to take immediate steps to strengthen cash reserves.
Cash Flow Statement
Business owners always need to know how much cash they have on hand, how much cash they need, and how much cash is available to invest.
Heier & Bernstein can prepare your cash flow statement, cash requirement schedules and other cash projections needed to have a true and accurate picture of the cash coming into and out of your company. Our cash management services will allow you to know:
- At what time, where, and how your cash needs will occur.
- How to alleviate a cash shortage with proper planning and execution.
- The best source for meeting additional cash needs.
- When to contact the bank or other creditors.
- How to maintain a good relationship with bankers and creditors.
When properly prepared, financial statements serve as report card; it documents the final grade that is based on the performance of a company’s personnel. Financial statements consist of a balance sheet (link to Balance Sheet), income statement (link to Income Statement) and cash flow statement (link to Cash Flow Management). Depending on the type of company, supplementary information schedules should also be generated with the financial statements.
Preparing these statements on a timely basis enables management to make informed decisions regarding the future and the overall current health of the company. read more about Financial Statements