David Heier is a partner in Heier Weisbrot & Bernstein, LLC and has more than 25 years of experience as a Certified Public Accountant and Chief Financial Officer.
David’s practice includes services for both individuals and a broad range of business industries. His practice supports clients nationwide, however many of his clients are predominately from the tri-state metro Philadelphia area: New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware.
- Real Estate
David Heier is an experienced CFO and has operated a successful and profitable business. David offers his CFO experience to businesses as a CFO consultant.
David has significant expertise in dealing with family-owned businesses, succession planning, and employment benefit consulting and communication.
Tax and OIC Specialist
In addition to the basic accounting and tax services, David also specializes in Offer-in-Compromise services with the IRS, payment arrangement negotiation with Federal, State and Local governments, and litigation support services.
David began his career with Laventhol & Horwath in 1982. In 1985, David took a position as a CFO and gained valuable Chief Operating Officer experience over the following 22 years. After leaving his CFO position, David founded the firm David Heier, CPA in Cherry Hill, New Jersey and grew his accounting practice and offering CFO consulting services. In 2012, David entered into a partnership which has evolved into the firm as it is presently structured.
Education and Credentials
David Heier is currently an Adjunct Professor of Accounting at Drexel University, Temple University, Rutgers University.
- Temple University BA in Accounting and Business Law
- MBA from Eastern University
- Adjunct Professor of Business, Drexel University
- Adjunct Professor of Accounting, Rutgers University
- Adjunct Professor of Accounting, Temple University
- PA Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Membership in Professional and Civic Organizations
- Treasurer, Parent Information Center of New Jersey
- Saltzman House, an affiliate of Jewish Federation Housing (past board member)
- Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors (prior Treasurer)
- Mount Laurel United Soccer Association
- Cherry Hill National Baseball Association
- South Jersey MACCABI Girls Soccer Coach